[muddle] [PULLREQ] applicatives

Kaz Wesley kaz at lambdaverse.org
Fri Feb 9 19:57:39 PST 2018

repo: git://git.lambdaverse.org/muddle
branch: applicatives

I've implemented a mechanism for typical applicative operatives to
evaluate their arguments, along with some new builtins that take
advantage of this facility. Also, I changed the mock GC to be leakily-
persisting to make the interpreter easier to play with.

You can now do things like:
> <SETG BAZ ROOT>
ROOT
> <<GVAL BAZ>>
#OBLIST ![(BAZ SETG) (+ LIST) (QUOTE) (ROOT) () () (NTH) () (GVAL) () () () ()!]
1
> <ROOT>
#OBLIST ![(BAZ SETG) (+ LIST) (QUOTE) (ROOT) () () (NTH) () (GVAL) () () () ()!]
> <BAZ (1 2 3)>
2

On the horizon: some real error handling, reimplement print in Muddle,
generate a unit test suite from the examples in the docs.